Before and After Kitchen Remodel Charlestown MA
Friday, 10 Jul 2015 AT 2:08 PM
- This Charlestown MA kitchen was a very small, tight, one note space that was in need of some rejuvenation.
- White cabinetry with white appliances and white walls defnitetly make this Charlestown MA kitchen a bland boring kitchen
- The size and confiuration create a lot of wasted space and limited storage, causing the owners to use their pantry as extra storage.
- Wall separating the living room and the kitchen creates a very small cramped space to work in where the cook cannot interact with company.
- Small prep island on wheels outside the kitchen is used for extra work space when needed.
- This Charlestown MA kitchen was in need of Dream Kitchens help!
Before Kitchen Remodel
After Kitchen Remodel
- This Charlestown MA kitchen had an amazing transformation that turned this one blah kitchen to a stunning transitional kitchen.
- Making the separating wall into a half wall created an open concept affect while still keeping the two rooms separated.
- Adding some color to this space really made it much more warm and inviting.
- Updating the cabinetry to a stained cherry wood with granite countertops and tile backsplash gives it a much more inviting feeling.
- Adding pantry storage to the unused wall created a great place for additional storage of food items as well as extra plates cups etc.
- Having the half wall lets kitchen messes be hidden and also provides a great area for two to sit.
- Plenty of cabinet storage for pots, pans, mixing bowls, tupperware, serving dishes, small appliances and anything else that the owner could need.
|In summary –This Charlestown MA kitchen went from a one note, small kitchen to a warm, airy, transitional kitchen. Changing the cabinets to a stained cherry, adding granite countertops, a tile backsplash and painting the walls created a much warmer feeling in this space. By knocking the separating wall to a half wall creates an much more open space where the cook can talk to guest but not have them congregating in the kitchen. The half wall also hides kitchen messes from guests in the living room.
|Please click on the images below to see enlarged before and after pictures of this Charlestown MA kitchen..