Nashua, NH – Kitchen Remodel – From 1960’s knotty pine to unique transitional with a lot of WOW!
Friday, 03 Sep 2010 AT 1:55 AM
- Original room was divided with wall cabinets hanging between kitchen and dining area
- Wall cabinets with soffit gave the ceiling a lower feel
- Sink was facing out a window, not facing company and family
- Range was next to refrigerator with zero prep space on one side, and a “dead corner” on the other, making the prep space ridiculously small
- Virtually no useable base cabinets in the kitchen
- Very poor lighting made the kitchen dark and dreary
- Removed dividing wall cabinets to make the room feel more spacious
- Cabinets now go to the ceiling, creating the feeling of more height in the kitchen
- Corner range and microwave adds a WOW effect to the kitchen, and creates needed prep space on both sides of the range
- Unique curved countertop was designed to personalize the space to the home owner’s style, while adding seating for four people
In summary – What a change! The custom, curved, raised bar created the one-of-a kind kitchen the client wished for. Not only did we add unique style, but the function of the kitchen increased dramatically. More usable countertops and cabinetry, and a cool look…what could be better!